1. I spend a lot of time on the bus. Where I listen to books on my ipod and I knit.
2. See, it's hard for me to read on the bus, because for some reason it makes my eyes bug out.
3. I'm recently obsessed with iTunes U and with knitted DISHCLOTHS.
4. I also like beer.
5. So, I'm creating my own little event: Dishclothtoberfest.
6. How many dishcloths can I knit during October? Actually, I could call them barcloths (Barclothtoberfest), to go along with the beer theme, but you might think that I like beer TOO much if I do that.
7. There will be prizes.
8. I will get all the prizes unless someone else joins me. Then there will be rules and everyone will probably get lots of prizes. Like handknit dishclothes that they've made! And better things, too, maybe.
9. See you on the bus. Or at the bar. I'll be the one drinking beer and knitting!
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
This is awesome. I don't *plan* to knit any dishcloths this month, but that could change. I'll let you know if so. Or you might just see me on the bus or drinking a beer and knitting one or two.
Hey, we can share a pitcher! :)
I've just finished my second dishcloth this month. The first one was a Lionbrand free dishcloth pattern adaption. And the second one was a bat cloth. (Or is it batty? cloth.)
Came on the computer to see what pattern interested me next. And what should I run into but your words?
OK, you drink the beer for me. (I'm allergic.) And you can ride the bus for me too. I have to drive - which really cuts into my knitting time.
And I will try to pick which pattern to do next - of the 14 or so I have printed out.
What are the rules BTW?
(I have no blog to show you pictures.)
Are you a member of a dishcloth knitting group?
Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
I don't think that there should be many rules. Except knit as many dishcloths as you can. (Can = want to, of course.)
I also think that there should be knitting carpools. I'd gladly drive 1/4 of the time so that I can knit 3/4 of the time. Wouldn't that be fun? We could get coffee on the way...!
Also, beer isn't essential. Anything you like will do. Cider. Apple juice. Coffee. Kool Aid. Chocolate. This is the beauty of Dishclothtoberfest, anything goes.
I did knit in a bar tonight, by the way, while everyone else seemed to be watching the Bears vs. the Packers. But, nobody there was too happy with the game, while I was quite happy with my three inches of ugly dishcloth.
I'm using lime green and pink for my latest dishcloth. Not looking too good.
I didn't have much luck getting the cloth I started last night finished today.
Every time I turned around it needed ripping out again. An extra stitch or two might be "hide-able" or at least easy to get rid of.
But a whole SIX extra stitches ... not so easy.
And as I was at a workshop (I was one of the setters-up and takers-down), I just ripped everything out - right back to "cast on 40 stitches".
This dishcloth is a "party" dress. Designed to go around a bottle of dish detergent.
Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
Very cool. I only make squares so far. A party dress dishcloth sounds very fun!!!
Have finally finished my next cloth - started it three times, so it was really, really, really, slow knitting!
It's called a Winter Icicles Dishcloth, the designer made it from a stitch called "Tongue and Groove in the Harmony Guide, Volume 3.
It is a slip stitch design.
And the reason for me having to start and re-start it was because the repetition of the stitches did not become a memorable pattern. So I needed peace and quiet in order to knit. (And all the meetings I have attended this past week did not make the grade.)
In fact, I finally gave up on ripping it back when I discovered a couple of rows which had been knitted wrongly.
I'm now calling them "a design feature". But unfortunately those two rows are more noticeable than the mistakes I took out!
Oh well, onwards and upwards to my next dishcloth pattern.
Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
Post a Comment