Saturday, October 27, 2007

Bus Stops I Have Known -- Bus Stop #3

A more cheerful bus stop, as requested...





77th NW and NW 32nd, Seattle.

Visited on my way to work from a work related site visit.

Overall Bus Stop Ratings (out of 5 stars)

*** User Friendliness. Bus schedule posted! No bus shelter, but the actual bus sign isn't frightening to lean up against. Clean enough that I could have sat on the sidewalk waiting for the bus, if it hadn't been raining.

*** Interest of Surroundings. Pretty quiet neighborhood, so there's not much going on. There are those two newspaper stands, though, which gives a bus stop patron some reading material. Occasionally a human being will walk by, usually walking a dog. I like dogs, so one of these stars is just for the dogs.

*** Architecture of Surroundings. Nearby houses are pretty in a "Look at my pretty house" kind of way. I wonder if they let the kids run through the kitchens with muddy shoes, and if they do, do they chase after them with Swiffer Wet Jets?

**** Personal Safety. Seemed pretty safe. Haven't visited at night.

** Creepy Factor. Not too creepy. However, those picture perfect houses do make me nervous. See, I'm never happy, am I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you're getting to my kind of bus stop ... or what used to be my kind of bus stop.

But sitting on the sidewalk waiting for the bus is not guaranteed to get the bus to stop.
How do I know this thing?
While waiting for a bus in Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada) - and reclining on the side of the building (the sidewalk not being clean enough to sit on) - the bus would just go whooshing by.

You would think I'd have learned after the first time that happened, right?

Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

Anonymous said...

The specific way you are never happy makes me happy.