Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bus Stops I Have Known, Part 1




Martin Luther King, Jr Way South, Seattle.

Visited for about 30 minutes waiting for the bus, which was late.


Overall Bus Stop Ratings (out of 5 stars)

* User Friendliness Due to the missing bus schedule, lack of a shelter, lack of trash can, and ambiguity about which bus actually stops here.


** Interest of Surroundings. Construction workers creating dust about a block away. Construction workers are always interesting to watch. Mysterious Billiard Hoang business with mysterious characters coming and going. Abandoned mattress store with Something Going On inside.


** Architecture of Surroundings. Two stars for use of a mattress to create a new doorway for abandoned mattress store. One star for outdoor patio style furniture outside of abandoned mattress store home (ie: futon frame table, mattress pile trampoline/resting surface, and tv with extension cord running into abandoned mattress store. Minus one star for feng shui of patio arrangement. I really feel that they could have created a more inviting, friendly, interactive space. Enjoyed the use of a fallen over sign to define the space, however.


* Personal Safety. Didn't feel safe at all. I'd hate to wait at this bus stop after dark.


**** Creepy Factor. Very creepy indeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better? (As of your last entry you said you weren't feeling well.)

You are quite correct about the creepy looks of this bus stop. Neither would I want to wait there in bad weather.

Take care, Janey
P.S. I am going to put my next dishcloth with your the October 1st entry.
Which would you prefer - that I put everything there, or scatter them around as I finish them?

Auntly H said...

I like this series concept!

Daphne said...

These are wonderful and potentially useful. And funny.