Yesterday morning, as we were leaving, we notice an envelope taped to our door. Apparently our landlords are considering selling the building and have to show the place to buyers TODAY. Yes, 24 hours notice to make the apartment look nice, or at least not so messy that I want to hide under the bed with the cats.
They're SUPPOSED to give you 48 hour notice, but whatever.
We cleaned and straightened so that it's at least acceptable for annoying people like real estate agents, if not at the level I'd desire for mother in laws or dinner parties. But, even though the apartment is nicer than it was yesterday morning, I'm quite annoyed. Quite. A heart full of hatred might be a better way to describe it.
PLUS, I worry that any buyer will actually knock this building down and build townhouses instead, which are taking over the neighborhood like vampires as it is.
So, I guess we're at least casually looking for a new apartment. I hate hate hate moving.
Saturday, February 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment