English Retreads offers book bags, tote bags, belts, backpacks and handbags hand-crafted from 100% reclaimed inner tubes. Pick out a nice one, they're all pretty cool in my book.
Gaian Tarot, a tarot deck created from original colored pencil paintings by Joanna Powell Colbert. Her art is lovely!
Art quilts, dolls and journals by artist Andi Stern. Andi's work successfully travels the path from whimsical and quirky to deep and powerful. Yes, I hate using the word "whimsical" when describing artwork, it's a BIG pet peeve of mine, but really, really, some of Andi's art IS whimsical. So there.
Archie McPhee in Ballard always is a good source for fun gifts. Honestly, you can find something for everyone at their store. Two of my favorites are:

Bleak Wristbands

and Avenging Unicorn sets. Check out The Cubes® too!
Femail Creations is a favorite business of mine. The one thing (things, actually, because there are two...)that I'm SO tempted by are their "I see Stupid People" and "Is it time for your medication or mine?" mugs. I know several people who need one of these mugs, on OH SO MANY levels.
If one of the above funnies doesn't quite fit, check out Krazycones. They make those tiny little orange traffic cones, printed with the greatest, silliest, funniest sayings, perfect for your desk, bookshelf, dashboard, etc. For example, I like "GOT AN OPINION? FILL OUT THE NECESSARY FORMS" and "TALK TO THE CONE." "NO CELL YELL" is nice, too, but everyone knows that if you're on a cell phone, you never notice anything around you, expecially a cone on someone's desk. Made in the USA, which is always awesome lately.

No comments:
Post a Comment