Monday, October 31, 2005

eBay and Halloween

I know I'm not the only compulsive collector of zines out there, so I thought I might tell you that I'm putting some zines and magazines up on ebay:

eBay: The STUDIO ZINE Issue 16 "an odd little art journal" (item 6985756040 end time Nov-06-05 19:58:46 PST)

to help raise money for my upcoming leap of faith. :)

I'm an idiot, though, and goofed the title of this one. It's supposed to be Issue 6, not 16. I've probably cheated myself out of millions with that typo. Sigh.

Now, about Halloween. Happy Halloween!

At 4-6 we will be invaded by miniature vampires, ghosts, Harry Potters, Deathly Skeleton things, bumblebees, fairy princesses, pirates, zombies, and who knows what else. Maybe I'll keep a list. We'll also be invaded by not-so-miniature versions of these guys, trying to slip into the "up to age 12" trick-or-treat category that is welcome on Market Street and Ballard Avenue this afternoon. Last year we gave out something like 50 pounds of candy. I think we have a little less than that this year, so I'm hoping we don't run out. There could be chaos if we do. Anyway, anyone who is in Ballard and wants a shift at handing out the candy is welcome. Even 5 minutes is hard work, though! I do think we have the best candy ever... we have some gumballs that are shaped and colored like eyeballs, with a cherry gooey center. They really give me the creeps. Of course, we also have the traditional chocolate and witch's warts (which I was against, knowing many witches, none of whom have sour neon colored warts, thank you very much, but Scott liked the idea of them, so...) and even some plebian kit-kats. With almost all the stores in Ballard taking part, there will be much candy had by all and many little monsters with sugar rushes tonight.

No comments: