Friday, August 05, 2005

I'm suddenly obsessed by the idea of brewing my own hard apple cider...

Yeast Selection for the Production of Hard Cider in Canada

Brewing your own Cider

Books on Cidermaking

Recipes

Home brew cider and hard cider


Maybe I'll run away to live in a cabin in the middle of an apple orchard somewhere on the top of a mountain, and pick apples to press into lovely apple juice, then create my own cider for my next life. My cider brewery would be called "Apple of My Eye Ciderworks" and we'd have a pet pony named Granny Smith who would help by cleaning up any wayward apples that had falled from the tree too soon. Wait, that part might be too cute. We'll name the pony Roma, after my family's border collie lab mix dog who died earlier this year. Yeah. In between making batches of ciders, I'll create lovely photographs of the apple trees and sit in the shade and work on my computer. And draw comics. And knit.

We'll have internet, phone lines, electricity, of course, even though it'll be in the middle of nowhere. Hey, this is my fantasy, I'm allowed a pony and internet.

I wonder if I could make carmel apple hard cider?

No comments: