Monday, August 29, 2005

Ever have one of those days where you wake up and everything feels like it's about 5 inches off center? Like the world was sent through the photocopier too many times.

No, I don't have a hangover or anything. Just this weird, out of sorts feeling.

It would help if I did not have insomnia, and have to either take ambien or lay there in bed worrying for hours until I can fall asleep, and then, at around dawn, when I really, really, start to SLEEP, the construction dudes that are building an evil building Right Behind our apartment show up and start pounding and making as much noise as they can. I know that they start before the allowed time- Seattle has noise laws- but what do you do?

I really need some quiet time to just finish some of these hundreds of things I have to do.

I dreamt weird dreams last night, er, this morning I mean, before the construction dudes showed up. In one, I kept seeing Northern Flickers everywhere, flocks and flocks of them. In another, my husband was getting ready to go play Mr. Potato Heads with his manfriends. It's his fault that I was thinking about Mr. Potato Heads, because he was telling me about Darth Tater:



I wonder if I'll get in trouble for linking to that...

But anyway, that combined with watching The Empire Strikes Back last night, for my "night off," was a dangerous combination. No wonder I have insomnia.

Not sure where the Northern Flickers come in, though.

PS: They're a bird, in case you didn't know.

No comments: