A coworker and I were talking about art that is meant to be ephemeral, transient, temporary. The idea appeals to me, and always has. I started making books because I wanted to make miniature photocopy books to set free into the world, and I left them at bus stops, on busses, in parks, on literature racks...I even created some book dispensers that looked a little like tea bag dispensers.
At some point, art became more precious, and I stopped setting my art free.
Our conversation reminded me about the HIGH I used to get from creating ephemeral art. I love to see it too, from sand paintings to graffitti to the knitted sign cozies that appeared in Seattle last year to web sites like this: WWW.RiverArt.Net- Environmental Works by A. Nadalian هنر رودخانه: آثار دكتر احمد نادعليان.
So, I'm going to try to bring this game back to my art, too.
Tonight I had a Big Idea, a Major Idea, which I don't want to talk about yet. But I'm so excited about it that I wish I hadn't given up caffeine. If only I could stay up all night working on it. Hmm. Maybe I don't NEED caffeine to do that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment