Saturday, March 01, 2008

Fourteen Days, Fourteen Things

Fourteen things that happened in the fourteen days since I posted last. Not in order:

1. I was rejected for a job by postcard. POSTCARD! The agony.
2. I've been moving into a new art studio. Want an invitation to our studio warming party? Post a reply and I'll send you one. (Don't worry, I have comments moderated on this post, so nobody will see your address except for me.)
3. I was beaten by my little sister on Facebook Scrabulous more times than I want to admit.
4. I was reminded that many landlords are not Good, and reminded why I would love a job in tenant's rights.
5. I was reminded of the kindness of friends. Friends ROCK.
6. I ate a box of Girl Scout cookies all by myself. Shameful.
7. I decided that it's time to start eating better and losing weight.
8. I reached less than 200 hours left on my Americorps position. Yikes, the end is near.
9. I lived another 14 days without cable. I think I'm beating the TV addiction.
10. I'm still addicted to pens and yarn.
11. I read a mystery book. Yes, me. A slightly trashy mystery, too, by J. D. Robb. Now I'm addicted to slightly trashy mysteries by J. D. Robb.
12. I designed a poster for a major nonprofit (sounds good, doesn't it??)
13. I made a turkey pot pie! From scratch! (almost... I did buy the pie crust.)
14. I rediscovered Freecycle. Mmm, Freecycle. I love Freecycle.

No comments: