The Artwork of Modern Tarot - Tarot Weblog: "24 Mar 2008 Kerrie Carbary's Tarot of Mom finally arrived today. It was created using old fashioned scissors and paste collage in 2000, so it is strange that I only heard about it recently. Perhaps Kerrie Carbary has only just got round to printing it up in deck form. She has renamed many of the cards, but they are archetypally tarot images, and she provides a translation key. I must say I really like these unpretentious tarots that obviously arise out of some powerful personal experiences. Other collectors, oriented toward fine art, tend to look down on such items and treat them with a bit of disdain, and even contempt, but for me such decks are a key part of modern tarot."
I'm pretty pleased with being called unpretentious!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment