The family homestead (aka my parent's house) has been visited by a huge crop of killer mushrooms! Well, I don't know if they're killer, or even what kind of mushrooms they are. But there are around 30 of these monsters. And they are BIG. Like 6-8 inches across. It certainly seemed blogworthy. Plus, I now have photographic proof that there are giant (potentially murderous) mushrooms in the back yard, if anyone thought that I was exaggerating.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Dude, I asked my friend the mushroom enthusiast to identify these mushrooms, and he says to check and see "if the base of the mushroom is bulbous, or if there's a part around the base that looks like a vase around the stem of a flower."
Apparently, if it has the vase shape at the bottom of the stem them it is Amanita, the most poisonous kind of mushrooms. But if it has the bulbous shape then it might be a variant of A. muscaria. Whatever that is.
Post a Comment