For something like five years, I've worked for six days a week, 8-10 hours a day in the store, and then a couple of hours at night on paperwork, bookkeeping, the magazine, etc. In August, we decided to close the store on Mondays, and gave ourselves the much coveted:
TWO DAY WEEKEND
I'm actually starting to feel a little like a real person again. I can do things on our second day off, I don't have to do ALL of my chores on Sunday, and every once in a while I actually have been thinking about making art, reading, writing, knitting... all of that stuff that somehow I never have time for anymore. Mind, it's not exactly happening yet, but I'm starting to THINK about it, so my brain might be feeling a little tiny bit rested from our two day weekends.
However, there is the money issue. It's tough for a tiny business like ours to be closed for business for two days a week. So the jury is out as to what we'll do.
Monday, September 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment