Monday, September 13, 2004

peopleandplanet.net - population and environment issues

I have been researching how we, as citizens of this planet, can use our dollars to "vote" for a world that we want to live in. It's why my business only sells treefree or recycled papers, and why we sell only non-environmentally hazardous art supplies. One person doing what they can hopefully can make a little bit of a dent in the abuse we're giving our planet. I don't own a car, and am happy about that. I use Flexcar when I need wheels. I walk to work and take the bus to most places I want to go. I know that because I live in a city with good public transportation, I'm very lucky, and that someone living somewhere else might not have the same luxuries. Sheesh, when I lived in New Jersey, if you were caught walking along the so-called sidewalk (if there WAS a sidewalk!) people thought you must be some kind of a freak!

Almost everyone recycles these days, thank goodness. And most people won't purposefully pour gasoline down the drain or toxic chemicals in the stream near their home. But I'm on a quest to find out more ways to do good for the earth. I found this web site, and it looks like a good start for some basic research: peopleandplanet.net

No comments: