Unfortunately, a lot of times when you're trying to simplify, you might find that life gets messier before it improves. Like cleaning out your closet. The best way to clean your closet is to pull everything out of it, sprawl it all over your bedroom floor, bed, chair (if you have one), your living room, your dining room table, actually just put all that clutter everywhere except the closet.
So, my confession of the day is that I have a lot of crap in boxes, bags, and piles all around me. My intentions are good, though, and look- there's this urge to abandon the junk, throw it all in a dumptster somewhere, and start over with what really matters.
That rag rug.
(Just kidding!)
Actually, I've been transferring my organizing urge to the web site, and have been doing a lot of work on that. We're switching to a new, better shopping cart, and that will all go live sometime this week, I hope. It's a lot of seemingly thankless work, especially when more interesting things are lurking just outside my field of vision, but once it get it all fixed up it'll be great. It'll have cool stuff like inventory counts, so people can't order things that we're out of stock on, and we can sell more one of a kind things without worrying about hurt feelings. It's a lot of work now, but it'll save me a lot of work in the long term... PLUS, upkeep can be done by two people or more, instead of just me! So Mr. can work on the web site when he wants something changed, instead of having to wait for me. Which overall means more time for metaphorical closet organizing and art and magazine creation and roasting vegetables and surfing etsy. If I can manage to step over all that junk from the closet that's all over the place. We'll see.
Anyone want a green suede jacket that is still just as hip as it was in 1985? Maybe I'll just cut it up for the rag rug.

2 comments:
Hey Kerrie,
I know how you feel...and it's always best to take things step by step and day by day. Life seems a little overwhelming lately for most of us these days (as my neighbor said to me-"Growing up sucks! Can I go back to my younger, worry free, stress free earlier years?" LOL). Any ways, remember to BREATHE. Remember to make a little art for YOU. Dogeared will happen when it happens. And if ya need an article or two, lmk and if I"m not overwhelmed maybe I can help ;)
Stay well, friend,
k
I remember being told - when housecleaning - that things always look worse before they look better.
(And maybe that holds true for other things as well, but it was about housecleaning that I being instructed at the time.)
Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca
Post a Comment