Saturday, April 15, 2006

Yes, I knit things too

I do knit things, especially and mostly socks. I don't show them off much because I'm nervous. I don't feel like my knitting is very good. I am slow, but I do love to have a sock in my hands to keep myself from biting my nails or eating too many chips in front of the TV!

This year, I am planning on making a pair of socks each month, for MYSELF. That's the plan, anyway. Here is my January pair:



My January 2006 socks. These are from Regia Antik yarn, and I used the Jaywalker Patter by Grumperina (my current blogcrush) and published in magknits, but I knit mine toe-up instead of cuff-down. I just reversed the pattern so the cool zig zags still came out OK.

I know, they look like they're slightly different sizes, but they're not really. They do fit just fine! I made a few mistakes, too, but well... I still love 'em.

Here is my February pair:



My February 2006 socks are made out of Lorna's Laces Liberty sock yarn. Only one skein, believe it or not. I used the pattern "Rainbow Ripples" by Linda Dziubala which I liked very much. Again, I love knitting my socks toe-up, so that's what I did here. I just did it all upside down.

And, my March pair:



This yarn is my own handdyed creation, and the pattern is Cascading Leaves by the kind and generous Jeanie Townsend from Townsend Socks Knitalong group. The colors are a bit more subtle in real life. I was hoping they'd change more often, but in my quest to make slightly striped yarn I ended up with bigger blocks of color.

So, there ya go. Yes, Kerrie has angst and yarn in her life.

No comments: