Tonight I'm doing some math.
Since our business, Turtle Press, has started to produce Tree Hugger Sketchbooks and Journals (a line of 100% Post Consumer Recycled blank books for artists) last year, we've saved the planet:
1205 gallons of water
1633 BTUs of energy
128 lbs of solid waste
8 lbs water borne waste
248 lbs of atmospheric emissions
and, drum roll please, SEVEN trees!
Talk about cool. Seven trees saved from our little sketchbooks going out into the world! Every artist does make a difference.
I got into it, so I did some more math.
We only sell recycled or tree free paper at our store, so I wanted to figure the counts for the card stock and blank card packs and envelopes we've sold since we opened the store.
A lot of our paper is 50% or 100% post consumer recycled, but I figured it out for 30% post consumer anyway, to give a safe estimate. So, the envelopes and cards and cardstock our customers have purchased from us has saved at LEAST:
1656 gallons of water
2245 BTUs of energy
167 lbs of solid waste
10 lbs of water borne waste
341 lbs of atmospheric emissions
and NINE trees
So, that gives us a total count of at least 16 trees saved. How cool is that?
I'm really proud.
Saturday, December 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment